Ladies and gentlemen!
Here are some quick kitchen tips. Keep them on your shelf. You’ll need them next time.
1. Remember, y’all, the bulk of cooking is all about the prep. Take away the stress by doing the prep the night or day before. Marinate the marinateables, dice and chop the diceables, parboil the – you already know what… You’ll look like a star.
2. Store spices in a cool, dark place, not above your stove. Humidity, light and heat will cause herbs and spices to lose their flavour.
3. Always make stock in a large quantity and freeze it in plastic bags. That way, when you want to make a nice soup or boil veggies, you can simply pull the bag out of the freezer.
4. Cook pasta 1 minute less than the package instructions and cook it the rest of the way in the pan with sauce. Expo 🙂 – Don’t boil the pasta with oil so that the sauce can have something to cling to.
5. Ladies and gentlemen, if you’re cooking for someone important — whether it’s your mother-in-law, boss, a potential investor or a date — never try a new recipe and a new ingredient at the same time.
Experience is the best teacher but it doesn’t have to be your own experience. Don’t let your village people use you 😂
If this piece brought you value, please:
Let me know in the comments section.
Share Post with your friends also.
Chef Èmí ❤️